So finally, you have searched how to start a blog it means you took a decision to do Blogging.
That’s a good decision,
How To Start A Blog In 2020 In Few Simple Steps:-
Before starting the process of how to make a blog you need to know something.
What is Blog?
In simple, a blog is a Website that provides information and lessons to the users or audience.
Why you should start a blog?
There are many reasons to start a blog some most popular are:-
- Sharing your knowledge and thoughts with others.
- By making a blog you can help and make your Fan base or Audience.
- You can generate passive income and free from financial problems.
Now Let’s Get Started “how to start a blog”
Step 1:- Choose A Perfect Niche For Your Blog (Most important).
This is the most important part of the blogging journey. So, think at least twice.
Make sure that you choose the Niche(topic) in which you have an interest because 95% of bloggers quit blogging after a couple of months because they have chooses the topic in which they don’t have an interest.
A little bit confused? Let me help you.
I will tell you the most simple and easy way, how to find a Profitable and Perfect niche for you. Follow the steps.
- Take a pen and paper.
- Now, write down all the topics on the paper in which you are passionate about.
- Pick up the three topics in which you are most interested.
- Now choose that one topic in which you think, this will be perfect for me.
- Finally, you have chosen your Topic or Niche.
Bonus Point:- After your selected topic, I would say do some research work on it that whether peoples are searching over your selected topic or not. Suppose your selected topic is let’s take A and the monthly searches on that topic are only 300-400 then there is no use to work on this type of topic.
But if you still can’t able to find your niche, then I will recommend you to read this how to choose a profitable niche article.
Step 2:- Pick A Good Domain Name For Your Blog.
Your domain name is a name by which you will be known online, no matter what niche you have chosen it’s your unique address on the internet. Basically, it is the name of your website.
For example, www.technicalconnexion.com
Before choosing the domain name for your website please keep in mind these secret tips:-
- It should be short and simple
- Easy to remember
- It doesn’t contain numbers
- Easy to pronounce for users
Step 3:- Get A Good Web Hosting And Domain Name For Your Blog.
Now, It’s time for Web Hosting.
Web Hosting:- Web hosting is a place where all the data, files, and information of your blogs like [Posts, Images, pages, and many more] are securely stored. The web hosting service providers stay online 24/7 to provides the technologies and services needed for your website or webpage to be viewed on the internet.
There are many web hosting provider in the market but if you are a beginner:
Then, I will recommend you to go with Hostinger web hosting because it is affordable, easy to use for beginners and offers many features like:
- Free SSL
- 30 days money-back guarantee
- 24/7 live chat Support
- And many more
Follow Me to purchase Hostinger Hosting:-
1. Click on this link Hostinger.com
Now, this type of interface will appear, you only have to click on get started.
2. After that, this will Look like this. In Hostinger there are Four different types of package are available, since you are a beginner then I will highly recommend you to go with a Premium plan. In this package, you will get a free domain name for 1 year.
Just click on Add To Cart button.
3. Then this page will open now you will be asked to select the time period. In options, there are 1 Month, 12 Months, 24 Months, and 48 Months but I will recommend selecting 12 months because it is a perfect time or you can choose your own.
4. Now scroll down and choose your domain name, before choosing it make sure you remember Step 2(how to choose domain name). And yes after entering the domain name make sure you have selected .com (because .com it is Top Level Domain).
5. Now after filling your domain name just click on Checkout Now.
6. Now after that you will be asked to create an account on Hostinger or you can simply click on Google button over there and go with your Google account.
7. Now you have to enter your Two-factor Authentication (2FA) Code, which will be sent on your E-Mail.
8. Now its time for the payment, For the payment there are options like PayPal, Debit Card and many more. You can go with anyone in which you feel comfortable it’s your choice.
9. Now, If you choose card payment then enter your card details and click on Pay Now.
Step 4:- Time To Install WordPress For Your Blog.
So, After successfully purchasing your hosting with Hostinger, you’re just a few clicks away from installing WordPress and creating your website.
#:- Now, you have to log in to your Hostinger account.
First, click on the hosting menu option in your control panel. Here you see the web hosting account that you have purchased.
Now click on the Manage option to go to your web hosting setting.
#:- This is the control panel of your web hosting. Here, you can see and change the settings of your web hosting. Here you can view the stats about your hosting account like the disk usage, bandwidth use, email accounts, subdomains, and many more.
There are many settings and tools available to help you manage your hosting. You can create subdomains, email accounts, databases, and more.
But now we have to install WordPress. And to do that, scroll down to the website section in your control panel. Here, Just click on the auto-installer.
#:- Here you can see the WordPress option on the very first in the most popular section just click on that to start the installation process.
#:- Now the next step is to fill the details Administrator Username, Password for your WordPress Account. Write the Title of your Website and after that just click on the install button.
The installation will take a few moments and, and then it will take you back to Auto Installer Screen with a message stating that installation was successful at the right top side of the screen.
#:- Now click on that WordPress logo.
#:- After that click on the WP-ADMIN option to log in to your WordPress.
#:- Now enter your WordPress user name and password.
That’s it you have just completed the setup of your first WordPress Website.
#:- Now, Finally this is the Dashboard of your Website.
Step 5:- Design Your Blog Attractive.
Now it’s time to design your blog. “The first impression is the last impression” In the blogging design of your blog matters because if you don’t have an attractive design then you are losing lots of traffic. Good design will attract more audience.
Here is a list of some best WordPress Theme:-
- Astra Theme:- This is one of the most popular WordPress theme. It is a lightweight, fast, and beautiful theme with an elegant and stylish design. Astra’s theme is suitable for almost all blogs, businesses, and personal portfolio websites.
- Generate Press:- Generate Press is a multipurpose theme, which means you can adapt it to any WordPress niche.
- Ocean WP:- Ocean WP is a theme that I am currently using in this blog. I personally like this theme because it has a drag-and-drop page builder and has a very user-friendly interface.
Also See If you want to see more about themes:-
To install Theme in your WordPress and make it live to then follow this:-
- Go to the Appearance section and click on the Theme option. This interface will come, after that click on Add New.
2. Now, Search your favorite theme in the search bar and then click on the Install button.
3. After that to make it live on your website just click on the Activate button.
Step 6:- Install Some Important WordPress Plugins.
There are too many WordPress plugins out there. But I have listed a few plugins which are important and should be installed from day one of your Website.
Here’s the Plugins list:-
- Rank Mathe SEO
- WP Rocket
- Social Snap
Now you are thinking, how we will install it To Install these Plugins
- First, go to the Plugins section which is on the left side of your Dashboard.
- Then click Add New option
- After that, there will be a search bar over there
- Now search these plugins and install it
- After installing it click on activate and your plugin will be now activated on your website.
Now If you have followed all the steps till now then your blog is fully complete.
Step 7:- Write Your First Blog Post.
Now the real games begin from here, Writing your first blog post. Do some keyword research make sure to choose only that keyword which has less competition and high monthly search volume to rank faster on google.
You can check out the list of – Free Keyword Research Tools For SEO In 2020
Write your first Stunning blog post and publish it on the internet.
To know more about the guidance of How to write your first blog post then read this article.
Some bonus tips from me to gain more traffic:-
- Since you are a beginner so Write and Post articles every day.
- Before writing, article do some keyword research on it.
FAQs On How To Start A Blog In 2020.
Now, It’s your turn if you want to start a blog than go for it and remember one thing whenever you start blogging give 100% on it you will get success and most important have patience because
Patience is the key to success.
If you found this article informative then do a favor for me share it with your friends, relatives, and anyone so they also can know about blogging and how to start a blog.
My self Shravan Kumar the founder and author of technicalconnexion.com. A 19-years old struggling student by Education and part-time Blogger | Affiliate Marketer by passion. So, basically the reason behind choosing this online career is that I don’t have any further Intrest in this traditional education.