Once again welcome back to TechnicalConnexion Today we will talk about what is C language, in today’s time, it is very important to know about the C language. In this article we have told what is C language, what is its history when did it Who had gone and where did it, and many more have been told like what is the type of C language, what is the importance of C and in the last, we have also written some interesting facts, then read carefully.
So let’s come to the point without wasting time.
What is C Language?
C is a general-purpose programming language that is very popular, simple, and flexible. It is a machine-independent, structured programming language that is used extensively in many applications.
C language which is not it is the basic language to write anything from Operating System (Windows and many others) to complex programs like Oracle database, Git, Python interpreter, and many more.
C programming language is considered to be the god of all languages. It is said that if you have basic knowledge of the C language, then you can easily understand all the other programming languages which use the concept of C.
You know that all the big programs such as The UNIX operating system, the C compiler, and all the UNIX application programs are all written in C. There are many reasons to call C a professional language, I have mentioned some:-
- Easy to learn.
- Structured Language.
- It can handle low-level activities.
- It can be compiled on a variety of computer platforms.
History of C Language?
As you know that before starting anything, it is necessary to know its history, in the same way, before knowing C, it would be good that we know a little about the history of the C language, how it started, how it developed then Let’s start the history of C.
See, the first programming language that was created is named ‘ALGOL’ which was developed in 1960. ‘ALGOL’ is also called the father of all programming language, it is used more in European countries.
After this, in 1967, another Computer Programming Language was created which was called ‘BCPL’, its full form is ‘Basic Combined Programming Language’. It was specially designed and developed for Writing System Software.
In 1970, exactly 3 years after the formation of BCPL, another programming language was developed which was named ‘B’. There were many features of BCPL inside ‘B’. This programming language was created in bell laboratories using the UNIX operating system.
Then in 1972 C Programming Language was developed by Dennis Ritchie in bell laboratories of AT&T (America Telephone & Telegraph) which is established in the USA. Dennis Ritchie is also called the father of the C language i.e. the father of the C language. C was created by combining ‘ALGOL’, ‘BCPL’, and ‘B’, inside which the features of all these languages are present and inside C and B you will find many features which will not be found in the rest, this is the reason why C It is different and unique from the rest.
C is a very powerful programming language that is related to the UNIX operating system. In today’s time, C runs under many operating systems and hardware platforms.
To ensure that the C language standard would remain in place, the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) defined a commercial standard for the C language in 1989, which was later approved by the International Standards Organization (ISO) in 1990. C language is also called ‘ANSI C’.
There was no big reason behind making C, just all the languages before that such as B, BCPL, etc. There were many problems in them, so C was developed to overcome them.
To understand better, here I have made a list, in which I have written who’s language was developed when and who had developed it.
|Language||Developed Year||Developed By|
|Traditional C||1972||Dennis Ritchie|
|K & R C||1978||Kernighan & Dennis Ritchie|
|ANSI C||1989||ANSI Committee|
|ANSI/ISO C||1990||ISO Committee|
So the history of C ends here. By the way, the history is very long, you have been told only the important part which is important to know.
Structure of C Programming Language.
|Variable declaration||int a=10;|
Data Types of C Language?
Importance Of C Language?
Although there is a lot of importance of C Programming Language, but I have mentioned only 5 importance.
- C language is considered to be the most fundamental and important language to read if you start a programming language because there are many programming languages such as Python, C ++, Java and etc. It is considered to be the base of the C language.
- As you know that C Programming Language is also a Middle Programming Language, so due to which you can use the features of both high-level language and low-level languages, such as scripting drivers and kernels in low-level language and high-level language. Scripting software applications in level language and etc.
- C language is a structured programming language, which helps to break complex programs into simpler programs, which we call functions, which is very beneficial for new programmers. Another thing is C language is case-sensitive, in which lowercase and uppercase latter are considered separately.
- Due to many data types and powerful operators, every program written in C is many times more efficient and faster than BASIC as if in C we increase the variable of a program from 0 to 15000 then that 1 second, but the same thing will take 40 to 50 seconds in BASIC.
- Another C language has the capability or importance that it takes to extend itself. You know C language has its own C library in which many sets of functions are stored. Due to which we can easily use the function. In this, we can also add our own function in C standard library and can simplify our code.
Facts about C Language
- Do you know that C language was not spoken earlier than C. evolution of C language:- ALGO->BCPL->B->K&R C->ANSI C->ANSI/ISO C->C99.
- Do you know that C is the only programming language that lasted for so long and is still used a lot.
- Do you know that there is a total of 45 operators in C, which is divided into 8 groups.
- Do you know that the C programming language was earlier called high-level language?
- You know get the latest version of C, C 18 which was launched in June 2018.
Where and how to learn the C language?
In this way, you can learn the C language in offline mode that means Jake in any coaching, but the problem is that coaching takes a lot of money and is not taught as well.
So I was saying that today’s time is neither of technology and there is no such ship that you cannot find online, the Internet is a very deep well in which you will get good things, then this technology and the benefit of internet Take.
To learn C language, you do not have to do anything and you do not have to pay any money, just have to search Jake on YouTube, C Language in Hindi or C programming language tutorial, you will see thousands of videos in front of you, you can learn them.
Conclusion | Final Words
So, friends, I hope you must have read this post (What is C Language) completely. And also hope that you would have liked this post informative and also why not we have explained so well step-by-step. It has always been our motto to give correct and point-to-point information to our users so that the users can understand better. So What is C Language, every problem related to this must have been solved by you.
And yes, if you find any problem or mistake anywhere in this post, then you can feel free to tell us by message or comment, we will take action as soon as possible and correct it. In the end, I would say that if you really liked this post What is C Language, then do not forget to share it, because it is very important to share it with everyone.
My self Shravan Kumar the founder and author of technicalconnexion.com. A 19-years old struggling student by Education and part-time Blogger | Affiliate Marketer by passion. So, basically the reason behind choosing this online career is that I don’t have any further Intrest in this traditional education.